It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians cannot journey to Dubai instantly from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was once very straightforward has unexpectedly change into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It’s because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points folks have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many widespread tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Typically this month, A shopper contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai by way of Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story quick, on his journey date, we bought to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and searching properly maintained. That was once I bought the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the folks going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport had been Nigerians.
As we had been driving into the automotive park, I notice the general public doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a number of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll nearly assume it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport situated in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we had been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they had been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we had been informed they had been denied boarding. I bought extra curious, on additional investigation, I later bought to know that they backdated the date they bought in, not understanding that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was making an attempt to board with a faux visa. I cannot imagine somebody would strive to try this. I feel the individual he paid gave him a faux visa. He bought locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that had been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that bought denied had been individuals who bought late to the checking level.
Listed below are the foremost the reason why you may get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Individuals Had been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. The general public had been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none problem. Somebody stated they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Faux visa: Please all the time attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Faux stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are presupposed to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you may get the end result on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by way of the Republic of Benin
1. you will need to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the secure aspect, Ensure you stamp in Seme border fairly than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Affirm your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport not less than three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’ll get your end result the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s conversant in the route that will help you out. It is going to prevent a number of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a resort that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get conversant in the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It is going to prevent a number of headache.
Please make sure you comply with all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the appropriate factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they are going to make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had the same expertise? Please share beneath.